• Learn the hazardous area classification techniques as per different international codes & standards
• Outline terminology used: classes, divisions, zones, gas groups and temperature classes
• Identify precautions and material selection for hazardous locations
• Use the hazardous area classification documents
• Develop hazardous area classification documents
• Learn about the degree & extent of the hazard in the classified areas
• Specify and evaluate the equipment & materials for hazardous locations
• Electrical, instrumentation, process engineers and HSE specialists involved in:
o Engineering/Design activities.
o Site installation or construction supervision.
o Maintenance and operation of electrical systems
o HSE activities
• Familiarity with Electrical Design, instrumentation and HSE is preferable