Tasks & Responsibilities
• Complete design of Piping General Arrangement, Piping layouts, Piping isometrics, Pipe rack Design, Piping Supports selection and safe span, Equipment’s location plans, plot plans, orientation drawings, Tie-in Index.
• Plant Layout Design and Study.
• Preparing Piping Material Selection Report.
• Valve Selection Based on Fluid service and prepare full specifications of valves including selection of body and seats.
• Preparing Piping & Valves MTO & MRQ.
• Provide piping input to Process Piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), Line designation table (LDT), Instrument specification sheets (ISS).
• Preparing material take-off requirements and isometric drawings for construction using 3D CADD (Computer Aided Design and Drafting) modeling software e.g. PDMS (Plant Design and Modeling System).
• Preparing & checking of Equipment Orientation drawings for all types of petrochemical equipments, considering equipment spacing, accessibility, and operation and maintenance requirements.
• Review all vendor documentations to assure the compliance with the design and technical requirements.
Onshore Pipeline Design:
• Create Planmetry and Profile Drawing for Pipeline.
• Design of Piping of Launching & Receiving Area and Valve Stations Layout according To ASME B31.4 & ASME B31.8.
• Design of Pig Launcher/Receiver Traps with Full Detailed Design like Trap Construction Drawing, Layout and Piping Isometrics.
• Prepare Pig Traps Interlock System Procedure.
• Preparing Line Pipe & Line Valves MTO & MRQ.
• Preparing Piping & Valves MTO.
• Preparing Buried Pipeline Stress Analysis including design of Anchor Blocks.
Piping and Pipeline Stress Analysis:
• Preparation of stress analysis study for Process Piping by using CAESAR II software, studying the system with Operation, sustain and Expansion Load cases with various pressures and temperatures to ensure that the piping system is safe and flexibility with respect to ASME Codes. Provide stress and piping loads to other engineering disciplines, coordinate with them on technical issues if required.
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 5 years of piping design experience in the field oil & gas.
• Knowledge of pipe support requirements.
• Highly motivated, eager to contribute to the establishment of an effective and efficient design/drafting team.
• Ability to read a P & ID.